- PLANT MEDICINE
- CHINA ROOT TINCTURE
CHINA ROOT TINCTURE
China Root (Smilax china) was long used as a medicinal herb by the Mayans and Aztecs of Central America. The root is alterative, anti-scrophulatic, carminative, depurative, diaphoretic, diuretic and tonic.
Its benefits include:
- antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties making it useful in treating cramps and muscular pain, as well as the symptoms of rheumatism and arthritis.
- diuretic effects that may be helpful for urinary tract conditions.
- treating digestive disorders including gallbladder inflammation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS),and diverticulitis.
- helping ailments related to the lungs, kidneys, spleen and stomach.
- as a treatment to temporarily lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- traditional use by women to support the health of their reproductive systems; often prescribed to relieve menstrual cramps, as well as chronic pelvic pain.
Recommended dosage: 2.5ml taken in a small glass of water or juice 2 x daily on an empty stomach for better absorption.