Sarsaparilla is a liana used by indigenous Amazonians for various ailments, such as rheumatism, skin problems, blood purification, joint pains, STDs, diaphoretic, psoriasis, lung diseases, and diuretic.
Constituents include plant steroids, saponins, oxalic acid, and fatty acids. It has antibiotic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory activities, as well as liver-protective, appetite-boosting, and diuretic effects.
It also increases bioavailability of other herbs and has been used to treat impotence and skin ailments.
Additionally, it can help maintain proper testosterone and progesterone levels, and is used by bodybuilders as a natural steroid.
Finally, it has been used as a preventative and therapeutic agent for respiratory and allergic diseases.
- Supports Healthy Digestive System: Sarsaparilla tincture has been used traditionally to promote healthy digestion and reduce intestinal gas.
- Supports Detoxification: Sarsaparilla tincture helps to support the body’s natural detoxification processes by helping the body to eliminate toxins.
- Supports Healthy Skin: Sarsaparilla tincture is known to help reduce redness, acne, and other skin conditions.
- Supports Joint Health: Sarsaparilla tincture contains anti-inflammatory compounds which may help to reduce joint pain.
- Supports Immune System: Sarsaparilla tincture is believed to help support the immune system by increasing the body’s immunity to infection and illness.
- Supports Healthy Weight: Sarsaparilla tincture may help to support healthy weight by helping to reduce cravings and increase metabolism.
Recommended dosage: 1ml - 3ml taken daily in a small glass of water or juice on an empty stomach for better absorption.
We use the vine and roots to prepare the tincture.